Escort patients between departments and wards and assist in maintaining the cleanliness/tidiness of equipment, patient areas and the re stocking of supplies in these areas.
- To transfer patients to maintain a flow through the hospital.
- To keep the unit tidy, clean and uncluttered.
- To refill all stores kept at required level.
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone’s throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan – there is truly something for everyone!
- Transfer patients to wards/departments on trolleys or in wheel chairs with or without an escort depending on the patients’ condition and under guidance from nursing staff and on beds with an escort.
- Transport swabs to the lab.
- Help with patient mobility by accompanying patients when walking, supporting with an arm or by using aids and equipment under the direction of a trained Health Care Professional
- Help the nursing staff move patients following correct moving and handling procedures.
- Respect the privacy and dignity of patients whilst carrying out the duties of the Support worker.
- Respond to and pass on to the most appropriate person in the department requests, from patients and relatives with regards to clinical information and waiting times.
- Clean trolleys/beds following transfers and change linen ready for the next patient.
- Restock IV trolleys, resuscitation trolleys and dressing trolleys in clinical areas as necessary
- Check portable oxygen cylinders daily and request/change new cylinders when empty.
- Restock the clean utility room using clinical stock from central store on AMU
- Under the direction and supervision of a senior nurse check that electrical equipment is charged and in working order.
- Ensure ward is kept tidy by removing rubbish and clutter as required.
Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
Please call the workplace contact or phone numbers during the day.