Duties and Responsibilities:
To prepare, cook and present food to the highest standards in a clean, tidy & safe environment. To assist in the smooth running of the overall kitchen with direction from the management team.
The role of a Branch Cook is: Preparation & cooking of sufficient food to provide agreed service level. Adhering to strict food hygiene requirements. Day to day running of a specific section within the kitchen. To ensure portion control, preparation and storage methods avoid food wastage. Control stock ,food preparation levels and wastage within the area of responsibility. Competent to operate and clean all equipment relating to job role. Contribute towards menu input in all areas.
Desirable experience skills and qualifications:
- City & Guilds 706 1 and 2 or NVQ equivalent
- Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2
As a Partner you will enjoy our unique benefits package, including staff discount, subsidised food in Partner dining rooms, discounts in local restaurants, subsidised learning, access to exclusive Partnership hotels and so much more.
Free on-shift meals in the Partner Dining room (October-December only)
Please consider the following when making your application:
- This role is subject to the following pre-employment screening: 2 year reference check.
- We occasionally close vacancies early in the event we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore, we recommend you apply early.
- Print off the job description now if you require it.
- Ensure you have an up-to-date CV.
Please call the workplace contact or phone numbers during the day.