Breakfast Club Assistant Cymerau School
Permanent | 5 Hour
See Job Advertisement
Term time job:
Ysgol Cymerau, Pwllheli
Gwynedd Council offers an attractive employment package, for more information please click on this [Information Pack] (https://www.gwynedd.llyw.cymru/en/Council/Jobs/Working-for-us.aspx)
Gwynedd Council operates internally through the medium of Welsh, and offers all its services bilingually. The applicant will be required to reach the linguistic level noted as one of the essential skills in the Person Specification.
We encourage everyone who applies for a job with Gwynedd Council to submit job applications in Welsh or bilingually. (Applications submitted in English only or Welsh only will always be treated equally, but we ask applicants to consider carefully what the linguistic requirements of the job in question is and if it would be more appropriate to submit an application in Welsh.)
If you are successful to be short listed for an interview you will be contacted by E-MAIL using the address provided on your application form. You need to ensure that you check your email regularly
If you would like support to apply, Gwaith Gwynedd is available to help Gwynedd residents get into work .
To be able to work as part of a team (School team and kitchen team)
Self motivated, happy disposition.
Qualifications and relevant training
Basic food hygiene or agreement to pass the course within 3 months of appointment
Training in food production or food service skills.
Training in Health and Safety, e.g. moving and handling or first aid.
Training in selling skills.
Experience of being employed in a food production environment
Skills and specialist knowledge
Good interpersonal skills
Good communication skills
Listening and Speaking – Entry Level
Able to pronounce the names of places and people correctly.Able to follow instructions and understand simple conversation through the medium of Welsh and English on familiar matters and respond to simple requests for information
Reading and Understanding – Entry Level
Able to read and understand short and simple letters, e-mails, leaflets, and signs in Welsh and English on familiar everyday issues, in order to convey them to someone else.
Writing – Entry Level
Able to write a simple message requesting or giving information about familiar everyday issues in the workplace.
Purpose of the post
- Ensure that the people of Gwynedd are at the heart of everything we do.
- Preparation of simple food for breakfast, service of food, setting up and clearing the dining room. Wash the equipment and clean the kitchen and dining room.
Responsibility for functions
- To work under the direction of the Cook in Charge or the Deputy.
- Preparation of simple food for breakfast and to serve the food.
- To keep all the kitchen and dining room area clean.
- Clean the dining room floor and move every trace of food using a damp mop if necessary.
- To carry out general kitchen duties including washing dishes, setting and clearing equipment and dining room furniture.
- The General Kitchen Assistant will be in charge of the kitchen in the absence of the Cook in Charge during the breakfast session.
- To maintain a high degree of personal cleanliness and wear suitable clean overalls.
- To comply with Gwynedd Council Health and Safety Policy and Food Safety Policy.
- Any other relevant duties following a reasonable request.
- Responsibility for self-development.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety rules in the workplace in accordance with the responsibilities noted in the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Council’s Health and Safety Policy.
- Operate within the Council’s policies in relation to equal opportunities and equality.
- Responsible for managing information in accordance with the Council’s information management guidelines. Ensure that personal information is treated in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
- Commitment to reducing the Council’s carbon emissions in accordance with the Carbon Management Plan, and to encourage others to act positively towards reducing the Council’s Carbon Footprint.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty which corresponds to the salary level and responsibility level of the job.
- Responsibility to report any concern or suspicion that a child or vulnerable adult is being abused.
Please call the workplace contact or phone numbers during the day.