£23,300 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Between 7am and 11pm Monday – Sunday
As a Barclays Customer Service Advisor you will be at the forefront of our obsession with customers – and right now our customers need us more than ever. Serving the more complex needs of our customers with a focus on achieving the best outcomes for our customers and clients.
We are looking for colleagues who have empathy, understanding, and a desire to take ownership of their personal development, how you develop is up to you but we’ll make it our job to notice, nurture and support your ambitions. There are multiple opportunities to grow your skills and develop into leadership roles. More than that, our service centres are seen as a hotbed of talent for our entire business.
As a business we believe that by helping our colleagues continue to learn, develop and grow, they can adapt to our customers changing needs and support them when they need us the most – from life’s little moments to the big ones.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What you get from us
Competitive holiday allowance
Private medical care
Voluntary benefits and more
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Working as one team across multiple channels, you will personalise each interaction with a customer, providing support and outcomes to best suit that customers’ needs
- You will fulfil customer requests whilst demonstrating professionalism and empathy to ensure each customer feels valued
- Demonstrating knowledge of our processes/policies to ensure that customers feel confident in our colleagues, and knowing when to escalate where appropriate
- Educating each customers on a range of products and services as well as the different channels they can utilize to engage with us directly
- Investigating emotive and complex customer and client queries, concerns and complaints related to an extensive range of products
- You’ll be working in a high paced environment reviewing relevant information and making decisions and actions autonomously
- Understanding a customer’s financial position through listening to customers specific circumstances and tailoring the relevant solution to their needs
What we’re looking for:
- Strong communication and empathy skills, with the ability to use a range of communication styles to provide a personal approach
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Office to a high standard
- The ability to educate our customers on a range of products and services available to them
- A genuine interest in the customer, by being customer centric
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a team but also the ability to work to their own initiative
- Experience in Retail Banking is desired but not essential as we are looking for people that are passionate about customer service
Where will you be working?
You will be based in one of our Branches which are the heart of Barclays. Branches are changing both in the way they look and the way our colleagues work in them. We aim to have someone on hand to help our customers with their banking needs from the moment they walk in, creating an exquisite customer experience, face to face, while using technology to create the quickest, most seamless experience for them.
Please call the workplace contact or phone numbers during the day.