We have an exciting opportunity for an Administrator to join our International Recruitment Team. This is a 12 month fixed term post but may become permanent.
In International Recruitment we support the deployment of healthcare professionals from overseas into the Trust. Our work ranges from setting up interviews, sending offers of employment, compliance of recruitment checks, booking flights, arranging visas, co-ordinating arrivals, linking with training teams and managers to ensure our recruits arrive safe and well in the UK.
The administrator role is a key part of this, supporting our Recruitment Officers to deliver a supportive and caring service to our new recruits. You will be supporting with:
- Arranging interviews
- Sending employment offer letters
- Collecting pre-employment check paperwork and recording this on the recruitment system
- Posting adverts on our social media platforms
- Maintaining regular communication with candidates, recruiting managers and the wider recruitment team
- Meeting arrivals who have arrived in the UK for their welcome meetings and helping with paperwork to ensure they are paid on time
- Answering general queries from candidates and managers
- A driving licence is desirable as welcome meetings are held at various sites.
Recruitment is the first point of contact for our new recruits, so we are looking for someone who is friendly, caring and positive to give reassurance to individuals who have left their home countries to join us in the NHS. We need a good administrator who is accurate with data entry who can work independently, and we encourage individuals to make suggestions to improvement our service making it simpler for our recruits and creating new information leaflets to support our international colleagues.
Recruitment is a busy department with changing priorities, but you have a team around you that is supportive and caring. We do everything as a team, support each other, disagree with each other, lift each other up, listen to each other, respect each other and laugh together.
This role is Full Time 37.5 hours per week.
Monday – Friday working flexibly between 8.00am -5.00pm
We are office based 3 days per week in Bridgewater, but will soon be moving to Taunton, plus home working for 2 days per week
During the first 3 months there is an expectation to be office based at Bridgwater and Yeovil to complete your induction training. This time is essential to ensure we can fully support you in your new role before home working is introduced. This can be flexible and discussed at interview.
If you are thinking of starting your career in HR or the NHS (or both), this could just be the job for you. If you wish to discuss this role further, we welcome a pre-application telephone chat.
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, fantastic pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stones throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will to experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan there is truly something for everyone!
- Maintain open lines of communication with the International Recruitment Manager, Directors of patient care, Assistant Directors of Nursing, and ward sisters regarding all aspects of service delivery, raise any major concern in a timely manner and provide regular updates on international recruitment.
- To manage own workload, demonstrate efficient organisation, initiative and ensure the smooth effective operation of the service
- Maintain the confidentiality, accuracy and timely recording of all HR Data
Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
Please call the workplace contact or phone numbers during the day.