Enerveo is a multi-disciplinary contracting business, with more than 30 years of experience and we have the skills and expertise to deliver complex projects in complex environments across a number of different service lines.
From managing over 1 million street lights, to rolling out EV charging points nationwide, we have an important role to play in connecting, sustaining and renewing critical infrastructure in the UK and Ireland.
Our work is underpinned by strong commitment, not just to our customers and partners, but also to safety and we are proud to have one of the best safety records in the industry.
But we are more than just a contracting business. The world is changing and we want to be a part of it; we have a responsibility to support society in accelerating towards Net Zero and will continue to provide innovative solutions to our clients to achieve this.
We are proud of our deep heritage. It drives us forward into the future. Into a better future. For all.
Job Title: Jointers Mate
Base Location: Plymouth or Exeter
Salary: £25,814 + performance-related bonus & a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time- 42 Hour week
What will I be doing in this role?
We’re looking for an experienced Jointers Mate to join the team.
The main purpose of this role is to work as part of a jointing team on a busy street lighting contract. You will be assisting with the installation, maintenance and routine work for a full range of highway lighting apparatus including the erecting of street lighting columns, poles and signs across the Devon area.
Alongside this, you will also, complete accurate and detailed paperwork, which includes drawings and measurements detailing the location of connections and test results.
This is a role that will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to undertake the training and development needed to qualify as a Jointer so is a great opportunity to start a career in the industry.
What do I need to be successful in the role?
Our essential requirements are;
- Prior electrical experience, ideally as a Jointers Mate
- This role requires you to be physically able to dig using handheld and mechanical equipment
- You need to have a current Street works qualification card (NRSWA) 211- Slinger / Signaller and 302
- We work in all weathers! So you need to be the type of person who is happy working outdoors all year round.
Our ‘nice to haves’ are;
- CAT or Genny operation training
- Previous experience using a HIAB
- Completion of a G39 Electrical Safety in the planning, installation, commissioning and maintenance of public lighting and other street furniture training Course
- Temporary traffic management experience
- DNO Jointers Mate authorisation (any DNO Considered)
- Site safety certificate
- Emergency First Aid at work certificates
We can however support the right candidate to achieve any level of industry training/qualifications they may not have in the ‘nice to have’ list
Here are Enerveo we know that some applicants don’t apply unless they think they tick all the boxes – but we are saying don’t worry! We would much rather see your application than risk missing out on your potential! We know our strength comes from our differences and shared life experiences so we are committed to offering a safe work environment, where individuals are respected.
What are the benefits for me?
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- An enhanced employer pension contribution rate of 6%
- 37 hour working week. Flexible working arrangement will be considered
- Performance bonus scheme
- Being part of a team with a long partnership in Devon and a current 10 year contract
- Option to work direct from home with Vehicle provided
- Comprehensive life insurance
- Free eye test vouchers and vouchers towards the cost of glasses (dependent on test results)
- Access to ‘Perks online’ – our Enerveo benefits portal with 1000’s of high street, online, supermarket, cinema, travel and gym discounts.
- Agile ways of working for office colleagues.
- Long service awards when you reach key milestones.
- The opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking collaborative team who will focus on your future career and development.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
Enerveo are a Disability Confident employer and are committed to ensuring our recruitment process is as inclusive as possible. If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com
If we make you a job offer, before commencing employment with us, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic DBS. Enerveo are committed to offering fair opportunities to those with previous criminal convictions and will consider each case on its individual circumstances.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,814.00 per year
Please call the workplace contact or phone numbers during the day.