We are looking for live-in care assistants to join our award-winning care team in and around the south of England. When you join Oxford Aunts as a carer, you will be joining a community of like-minded experts who are passionate about providing the very best to support our clients to live in the homes they love. And whilst you are taking care of your client, we’ll take care of everything for you. With great rates of pay, generous paid breaks in placement and 24/7 support from a local team of care experts.
If you have experience in a professional care setting, such as residential carer, domiciliary carer, support worker, HCA or similar, we’d love to hear from you. Please note we do not offer sponsorship, so you will need to already have the right to work in the UK before applying.
- Great rates of pay – you could earn up to £10,416 for 12 weeks of work
- Generous rest time in placement – 26 hours of paid breaks per week
- Blue Light Card – giving you access to lots of discounts to both online and highstreet retailers
- Free induction training with opportunities to further develop your
knowledge through our ongoing training courses
- Free accommodation in our dedicated carer house during training
- Local 24/7 support from our experienced team
- Free DBS check
- Free, confidential telephone line (Employee Assistance Programme)
Along with these great benefits, we offer longer placements, to enable you to spend more time with your client to build meaningful relationships and to give you flexibility to fit your work pattern around your lifestyle choices.
We are looking for people who have 120 hours of care experience in a professional care setting. You might have previously worked as a live-in carer, domiciliary carer, care assistant or similar. If you have this experience and share our passion for meaningful work, we’d love to hear from you.
Live-in Carer Responsibilities:
You will be providing companionship and support with personal care, domestic tasks and housekeeping duties (cooking, washing, ironing, vacuuming etc) to ensure your client lives well in the home they love.
You will also be support with the following:
- Helping people living with a variety of conditions, such as Dementia, Parkinsons and Stroke
- Moving and handling
- Administering medication
- Following a clients individual care plan
What we are looking for:
- Good communication skills and ability to maintain clear and accurate records
- To be reliable, compassionate and enthusiastic
- Experience of working under pressure and staying calm in difficult situations.
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- As this is a live-in position you will need to commit to living with your client for a minimum of 8 weeks at a time, although many of our Carers choose to stay in their placements for longer periods before having an extended break
- You must be flexible to travel to your client placement
- Due to increased demand, we are currently only accepting applications from vaccinated or exempt carers
Providing quality care in people’s homes since 1967, Oxford Aunts is run by a team of experienced care professionals and is part of Sodexo and The Good Care Group.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £665.00-£868.00 per week
- Company pension
- Referral programme
- Wellness programme
Work Location: One location
Oxford Aunts Care
Please call the workplace contact or phone numbers during the day.