At Bellway we recognise that people are the key to our success and our goal is to provide a rewarding and fulfilling career in line with our values of quality, service and trust. In addition to this we are committed to being a more inclusive employer and invite applications from a variety of backgrounds.
There is an exciting opportunity to join Bellway, one of the UK’s largest house builders. Our Manchester Division is looking to recruit a Maintenance Operative to join the Division’s Customer Care team.
The Maintenance Operative carries out inspections and maintenance work to the highest standard work on newly sold homes within the Divisional area.
The role of Maintenance Operative reports to the Customer Care Manager.
Principal accountabilities of the Maintenance Operative role include:
- Diagnose and carry out inspections, maintenance and remedial works of new homes as outlined on the weekly schedule.
- Log completed maintenance and follow up where required.
- Complete and return job sheets on a weekly basis to the Customer Care department.
- Maintain regular contact with the Customer Care department to update them on any further work required or any amendments to the weekly schedule that are required.
- Effectively communicate with customers with regards to the outcome of any inspections or maintenance work completed and answer any questions.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of working as a Maintenance Operative or similar, ideally within the house building industry.
- Multi-skilled experience of various disciplines such as carpentry, tiling and painting.
Qualifications and Training
- GCSE Maths and English – Grade 4/C+ (or equivalent)
- Full UK Driving Licence
Skills and Aptitude
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all level
- Effective listening skills
- Good administration skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines and schedules
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Proficient IT skills along with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and outlook)
- Committed to working and driving safely and securely at all times
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
The Role and Working Conditions
- Willing to be flexible in respect to day to day duties and hours worked
- Ability to travel to all development sites and customer houses, including the divisional office
- Must be comfortable working in lived in customer houses
- Lone working
In return we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Competitive bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Company van
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
We reserve the right to close this vacancy if a large volume of applications are received.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Day shift
Work Location: One location
Reference ID: 175610INDE
Please call the workplace contact or phone numbers during the day.