At Bellway we recognise that people are the key to our success, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that values and respects difference combined with creating a safe and inclusive working environment for all colleagues. This means we are positive about making adjustments as well as providing flexible working and we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you.
Following many years of successful programmes, we are delighted to be recruiting for the next cohort of our Graduate Programme ‘Great Careers built with us’ for September 2023 start.
Strategic Land & Planning Graduate – Manchester – Warrington
How does the graduate programme work?
The exciting and innovative 2 year programme is designed to develop talented individuals who will grow and potentially lead our business in the future.
You will have the opportunity to work across several different business functions to gain a full appreciation of the build life cycle, and understand how Bellway have earned an enviable reputation, built on the principles of quality, service and trust.
Our successful cohort will attend a 3-day residential induction programme where you will be given the opportunity to learn more about the business, the 2-year programme and meet the other graduates.
Over the course of the programme, you will attend ‘skills camps’ and work on projects with your fellow graduates that provide ongoing development and support.
As a Strategic Land & Planning Graduate, you will work amongst the Land and Planning teams getting involved at the first stage of the build process to acquire land for development with a view of building quality homes and creating thriving communities.
Across each of our Divisions we have teams who specialise in identifying land which are suitable for housing development and obtaining planning permission.
The phrase “strategic land” refers to plots of land which can’t be developed right now, but could be at some point in the future.
You will be allocated a local buddy to help you settle into your role and a mentor to support your ongoing development.
Upon completion of the programme, subject to business need and performance you may have the opportunity to continue your future with Bellway. Career paths for a Land or Planning Graduate may include:
Assistant Land Buyer
Strategic/Land or Planning Manager
Strategic/Senior Land or Planning Manager
Our promise to you
- You will learn from the best, through invaluable experience
- You will join a reputable brand at an exciting time of continued growth
- A fantastic working environment
- We will develop you and provide ongoing support to be the best you can be!
What’s the package?
- A competitive salary and annual bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Core/flexible working options depending on role
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- ShareSave scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to BOB – our flexible benefits platform with discounts from over 800 retailers
What can you bring to Bellway?
The quality of our developments, the standard of our customer service, the strength of our business strategy and the value we deliver for our stakeholders are all a result of the talented people who, together, make up Bellway.
Because of this we are much more interested in what you could do, than what you have already done.
We are looking for graduates who can demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Demonstrates commercial acumen
- Ability to make reasoned decisions
- Ability to work with people at all levels and from all backgrounds
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and have good time management skills
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
In addition to this, we are looking for graduates with the following:
- 2:2 degree (or above) in: BSc (Hons) Property Development and Planning, BSc (Hons) Real Estate, BSc (Hons) Town Planning, or similar.
- Willingness to travel around the UK and stay away from home for short periods of time
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
- In order to be considered for this programme you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK
The Selection Process
Following your initial application (Stage 1), the process is as follows:
We look for a number of key behaviours which we feel are essential to effective performance at Bellway, so this is what we will be looking for from you. Details of these behaviours are attached to the job advertisement.
Stage 2: Virtual Testing
Stage 3: Following successful virtual testing, your initial application will be screened based on our criteria for the role
Stage 4: Upon successful review of your application, you will be invited to a Video Interview
Stage 5: Assessment centre – a half day virtual event which will include a presentation, team activity and competency-based interview
The assessment centre finalises our recruitment process however should the Division wish to hold an informal interview at the Divisional Office you have applied for a role with, they may organise this directly with you.
- Your progress throughout your application will be communicated via email or telephone – please be as responsive as possible.
- We do use an outsourced support team for correspondence throughout, however any emails will still display as Bellway Homes support.
- Our final stage assessment centres are proposed to take place over mid-December and January, virtually with conditional offers made early 2023. The dates for the assessment centres are TBC at present.
- The start date for the programme will be September 2023.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £28,000.00 per year
- Day shift
Work Location: One location
Please call the workplace contact or phone numbers during the day.