Fixed Term Until March 31st 2023
Full Time 37 hours per week
Also open to Internal Staff as a Secondment
Made in Devon and Buy With Confidence Technical Officer
Play a key part in two exciting business support schemes.
The Business Support and Innovation, Projects and Programmes team is a dynamic team supporting businesses and social enterprise across Devon and the Heart of the South West. We run various grant and business support programmes including Made in Devon, Buy with Confidence and the Heart of the South West Growth Hub service. This is a fast-moving team where flexibility, professionalism and practicality are key.
This exciting and varied role will support the delivery of the Made in Devon and Buy With Confidence Projects.
Made in Devon is part of the Buy with Confidence scheme and was launched at the start of 2021. It is aimed at raising Devon’s profile as a place to live, work, invest, learn and visit and to champion local business sustainability.
The post holder will be instrumental in the success of Made in Devon and Buy With Confidence as the first point of contact with businesses. Both schemes have ambitious aims for the recruitment of local businesses in various sectors. The role involves supporting the day to day delivery of these projects and is looking for an experienced administrator who enjoys communicating with a wide range of people, is highly organised and self-motivated, has excellent attention to detail and a flexible approach to work.
As the successful candidate you will ideally have extensive experience in a similar project support or administrative environment. Due to the nature of the role it is essential that you have:
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills, as the first point of contact, the ability to communicate with people at all levels (written and verbal) is essential. You will deal with queries and questions as well as supporting applicants through the process. You will also be supporting the Project Officer with the day to day running of the project and Trading Standards officers who undertake audits of the businesses.
- Exceptional administration skills, including organisational skills, data input and attention to detail.
- Good understanding of ICT and experience of using content management systems and databases and learn new systems.
- Ability to multitask in a busy environment.
There will be the opportunity to develop and take on responsibility from the outset, requiring the adaption, flexibility and willingness to embrace a forward thinking and dynamic team environment.
There is potential for this post to be extended subject to funding.
We’re currently mainly working remotely but meet once a week for team meetings. Your nominated base will be County Hall in Exeter.
For more information or to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact Melissa Irace on 01392 383000
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on ourEquality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
Job Types: Fixed term contract, Full-time
Salary: £20,444.00-£22,571.00 per year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Exeter
Devon County Council
Please call the workplace contact or phone numbers during the day.