Supply Chain Solutions
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world’s preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities – through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we’re dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world’s preferred choice.
We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated Warehouse Operatives to join our team in Wellingborough. The role will be crucial to providing an excellent service to our valued customers and will require you to work across different areas of day to day operation. As part of this role you will share full responsibility for ensuring that Health & Safety regulations are adhered to at all times and are at the forefront of everything we do contributing to effective and safe operation of the facility.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- As directed, safely handle products through outbound processes, ensuring all company procedures are adhered to
- Ensure all goods are handled in the correct manner to ensure that damage to kept to a minimum and manual handling techniques are followed to prevent injury and harm
- Carry out any other reasonable requests to support the effective running of the warehouse
- As directed, and in accordance with training, appropriately use Manual Handling equipment to support the operational processes when required
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are adhered to , including PPE, escalating any concerns to your line manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Ensure all equipment checks are carried out in accordance with procedure, raising any defects to your line manager
- Ensure all company procedures are adhered to, including absence, performance, standards of behaviour, taking due consideration of company values
- Ensure any concerns, issues or variances to instructions are immediately communicated to your line manager to allow appropriate action to be taken at the earliest opportunity
- Good knowledge of OPUS and AS/400 Computer Systems.
- Good communication skills; good numeracy and literacy skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Understanding of warehouse operations.
- Ability to follow work procedures and safety rules.
- Experience of working as part of a team.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work on own initiative.
- Drive to meet business, team and individual goals and to actively support continuous improvement.
- Ability to meet physical demands of the role.
- Flexibility to work shift patterns including weekends and bank holidays.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Yusen Logistics is an equal opportunities employer, who encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of their personal circumstances. We make our recruiting decisions solely based on the skillset and experience. Diversity allows us to create an inclusive environment, where our employees can strive and grow their potential
Yusen Logistics (UK)
Please call the workplace contact or phone numbers during the day.